Aker is ventured-backed and fast-growing precision agricultural startup. We are an innovation leader in evaluating crop health to enable precision farming. Aker has built its business by getting its boots dirty. Aker believes that deep soil and in-season crop monitoring are key to optimize inputs, yield and drive profitability. Consequently, Aker is dedicated to building the best in-season agronomic tools and services for the industry.
We are seeking a Chief Technology Officer who has a passion for ideas, world-class innovation and building elite, technical teams and data platforms. Your experience and profile should attract technical talent to Aker and inspire the confidence of our investors.
Aker brings expertise in aerospace, robotics, and computer vision to build a patented drone solution for detecting pests, diseases and fertility issues inside the canopy of crop fields. Your leadership will set the pace to build a full commercial offer and scale a platform to shape the future of precision agriculture by in-season crop management practices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Enhance the company’s technical vision and work with the CEO to ensure alignment with business objectives and revenue goals
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing and Product Management to drive product creation and delivery
- Establish engineering KPIs and ensure high standards and best practices are met
- Be able to oversee both hardware and software creation for realization of Aker’s complete system architecture
- Deliver highly scalable software platforms and the hardware infrastructure underlying the delivery of such services
- Be an inspirational leader; recruit, develop and lead a team of highly talented personnel with a dedication to excellence
WHAT YOU’LL BRING?
- BS or MS in Science in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of progressively responsible engineering management experience with day-to-day operations in industrial, or technology consulting/services organizations
- 3+ years’ experience in creating or integrating hardware elements into a system which encompassed both hardware and software components
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and computer vision algorithms
- Hands on expertise using cloud technologies (datacenters, IaaS, PaaS, cloud transformations, enterprise application frameworks, and appropriate use cases)
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying large commercial application, data and/or software products from concept to release
- Passion for simple, smart, beautiful product experiences
- Expertise in Agile development, test automation, continuous integration, and SaaS performance and scalability
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary, stock option compensation.
- Flexible PTO. We understand sometimes you just need a breather.
- Health insurance to give you peace of mind.
- Equipment for all of your needs at the company.
- Udemy subscription to keep advancing your skills.
- Location: St. Louis, MO or open to relocate within 12 months.
- Some travel is required.
Send CV along with references to email@example.com