Who we are:
Aker is a fast-growing precision agricultural startup. We are an innovation leader in evaluating crop health to enable precision farming. Aker has built its business by getting its boots dirty. Aker believes that deep soil and in-season crop monitoring are key to optimize inputs, yield and drive profitability. Consequently, Aker is dedicated to building the best in-season agronomic tools and services for the industry.
Aker brings expertise in aerospace, robotics, and computer vision to build a patented drone solution for detecting pests, diseases and fertility issues inside the canopy of crop fields. Your contribution will set the pace to build a full commercial offer and scale a platform to shape the future of precision agriculture by in-season crop management practices.
What you’ll do?
- Develop and maintain scalable and robust code.
- Work as part of cross-functional, agile project teams enabling flight mission and smart drone flight into the canopy of crop fields from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Analyze drone field performance and diagnostics to conceive new software requirements.
- Contribute toward predictable delivery of quality releases.
- Maintain exceptionally high standards of design and code quality.
What you’ll bring?
- Minimum three years as a Software Development, Software Engineer or similar role (Python, Embedded C/C++, Python).
- Experience with PX4, Arducopter and ROS.
- Experience with hardware communication protocols: I2C, RS232/TTL Serial
- Proficiency with MAVLink messaging
- A self-starter’s mindset as supervision may be remote.
- Enthusiastic, fearless and boundary-less with the ability to coach and mentor.
What we are offering:
- The position is full time with a preference for candidates based in St. Louis. Initial engagement will take the form of contracting. Compensation will be based on experience, with a strong possibility for permanent status and equity for the right candidate.
Send your CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org