Aker is a venture-backed precision agricultural startup. We are an innovation leader in evaluating crop health to enable precision farming. Aker believes that in-season crop monitoring is key to optimize inputs, yield and drive profitability. Consequently, Aker is dedicated to building the best in-season agronomic hardware and software tools to support the entire industry.
Aker brings expertise in aerospace, robotics, and computer vision to build a patented drone solution (TrueCause™) for detecting pests, diseases and fertility issues inside the canopy of crop fields. Your contribution will set the pace to complete a commercial solution and scale a platform to shape the future of precision agriculture by in-season crop management practices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO?
- Lead UX, visual design, experience strategy and user research for Discover web portal and AkerScout™ mobile app.
- Analyze new product requirements
- Contribute toward predictable delivery of quality releases
- Maintain exceptionally high standards on visualization, product design and usability
WHAT YOU BRING?
- Minimum five years of UX/UI experience
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following frameworks; Adobe XD, InVision, Figma, Sketch
- Deep knowledge on user interview, persona development, wire framing, workflow diagraming and information architecture
- Exceptional at empathic listening, perceiving users’ needs, delivering an unbiased view of users
- Passion for understanding what drives user behavior
- Bonus: Experience working in B2B environment and/or geo-spatial mapping applications
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible PTO
- Health insurance to give you peace of mind
- Udemy subscription to keep advancing your skills
This is a full-time employment opportunity for virtual office, but with preference to relocate to St. Louis, MO area.
Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org